With 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook, this fresh and healthy recipe serves four and is sure to impress.
-1 bunch spinach, tough stems removed
-1 cup packed Fresh Basil leaves
-3 tablespoons pine nuts
-1 garlic clove, peeled
-Fine sea salt
-6 tablespoons Olé extra virgin olive oil
-1 pound strozzapreti (or other short pasta)
-2 1/2 cups roasted chicken, finely shredded, at room temperature
-Olé extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
-2 ounces ricotta cheese, very thinly sliced
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Combine the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt in a food processor.
3. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; stiring until smooth.
4. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
5. Keep 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta, then add it back to the pot off the heat.
6. Immediately add the pesto and chicken, and stir to combine thoroughly.
7. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid, or more, if desired.
**Serve immediately, drizzled with a touch of Olé extra virgin olive oil and topped with the cheese and extra salt to taste.