This kale sauté is a great starter. Try it served with salmon or grilled chicken.
• 1/4 cup Olé extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
• 2 bunches of curly kale, stems removed, and chopped
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• Sea salt, to taste
• Cracked black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat the garlic and Olé extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan.
2. Add the chopped kale and sauté until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic and grape tomatoes.
4. Sauté for an additional 2 – 3 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
5. Add the lemon juice.
6. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.
Chocolate gelato and olive oil – together at last!
2 ½ cups whole milk
5 egg yolks
1 ½ cups heavy cream
¾ cups sugar
½ cups double-dutch dark cocoa powder
4 ounces 72% chocolate bits or broken bars
¼ teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Pinch salt
3 ounces Olé extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients but the Olé extra virgin olive oil in blender (must be capable of generating frictional heat of about 160F).
- Turn blender on to its highest setting and blend for 6 minutes
- While continuing to run on high speed, pour in the Olé extra virgin olive oil and process for 2 minutes. The mixture should reach a temperature of 185-195F.
- Pour mixture into bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until well chilled. At this point, the custard can rest up to overnight before processing.
- Turn mixture into ice cream or gelato maker and process according to manufacturer’s direction.
Enjoy the heck out of it!
This Bruschetta is great served as a starter before the main meal is cooked, It is ideal for large groups of people at parties; it looks lovely on a big platter and tastes delicious.
4 slices good country bread
1 large garlic clove, peeled
4 tablespoons Olé extra virgin olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 ball buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
12 pitted black olives
pinch of dried oregano
8 Fresh Basil leaves
1. Grill the bread, then immediately rub the garlic over one side and drizzle with half the Olé extra virgin olive oil
2. Combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, oregano and salt in a bowl.
3. Divide between the grilled bread, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and top with basil leaves.
4. Serve and Enjoy!
2 people, can be increased as needed
2 large bone-in chicken breast halves, cut in half again
1 tablespoon Olé extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 cup heavy cream
Fresh ground pepper
1. Heat butter and Olé extra virgin olive oil in large deep skillet over medium high heat until melted. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook for another 15 minutes.
2. When chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, add asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove chicken and asparagus and set aside.
3. Add mustard and cream to skillet, raise heat to medium and stir until combined and heated. Return chicken and asparagus to skillet and stir everything around until well-coated with sauce.
4. Place chicken and asparagus on warmed plates, drizzle any sauce left in the pan on top and serve right away.