- 2 lb. asparagus, preferably thin spears (about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup Olé extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice; more as needed
1. Heat the oven to 450°F with rack in the center of the oven.
2. Snap off and discard the bottom ends of the asparagus spears.
3. Put the asparagus on a large, baking sheet and drizzle with the Olé extra virgin olive oil.
4. Gently toss the asparagus with the Olé oil until it’s evenly coated.
5. Distribute the asparagus evenly on the baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle generously with salt and roast until tender about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Transfer the asparagus to a platter, toss with lemon juice, Olé extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste, and serve.
2 people, can be increased as needed
2 large bone-in chicken breast halves, cut in half again
1 tablespoon Olé extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 cup heavy cream
Fresh ground pepper
1. Heat butter and Olé extra virgin olive oil in large deep skillet over medium high heat until melted. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook for another 15 minutes.
2. When chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, add asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove chicken and asparagus and set aside.
3. Add mustard and cream to skillet, raise heat to medium and stir until combined and heated. Return chicken and asparagus to skillet and stir everything around until well-coated with sauce.
4. Place chicken and asparagus on warmed plates, drizzle any sauce left in the pan on top and serve right away.