This refreshing salad is full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals but also rich in healthy monounsaturated fat from a trio of avocado, olives, and super-healthy Olé extra virgin olive oil.
It is easy to make. With a combination of artichoke hearts, cucumber, red onion, hearts of palm, tomatoes, and fresh basil, this salad has a delicious Mediterranean twist that you’re going to love.
• 1/4 cup Lemon juice
• 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Olé extra virgin olive oil
• Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
• 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
• 1/2 cup hearts of palm, chopped
• 1/2 cup Persian cucumber, chopped
• 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
• 2 tablespoons olives, chopped
• 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
• 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1. To make the vinaigrette: Add ingredients to high-speed blender and blend until emulsified. Add salt to taste.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine cucumber, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, tomatoes, olives, onion, capers, avocado, and basil.
3. Toss salad with enough vinaigrette to coat everything. Serve and enjoy.
Makes approximately 2 1/2 cups
*From: Shape Magazine