Olé Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
This recipe is very easy to make, and super healthy, with the benefits of the high antioxidants of Olé extra virgin olive oil.
2 pounds yellow potatoes, (Yukon Gold or German Butterball), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces.
8 garlic cloves, peeled
Quarter cup Olé extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces), garlic and 2 teaspoons salt and cook at a brisk simmer until potatoes are tender – about 15 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes and garlic, keeping 1 cup of cooking liquid.
4. Mash potatoes and garlic.
5. Beat in the Olé extra virgin olive oil and then thin to desired consistency with reserved cooking liquid.
6. Check seasoning and enjoy!